Thanks for having a look at this weeks healthy recipes.
We try to choose a range of recipes that will taste great, can be cooked at home and are healthy for you.
With each email from the One Tonne Challenge there will be new recipes. The old ones will be available too.
- Slow Cooked Osso Bucco
Slow Cooked Osso Bucco
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 kg beef osso bucco
- 2 brown onions, roughly chopped
- 400g, diced Italian tomatoes
- 3 gloves of garlic or 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 1 pkt continental ‘rich’ beef casserole
- ½ cup continental parsley
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Corn flour to thicken if needed
- Sweet potato to serve
- Brown the osso bucco in batches.
- Place tin tomatoes, garlic, beef stock, and casserole mix in a slow cooker bowl, or large casserole dish, then add the osso bucco. (If more liquid is needed to cover the meat, add some water.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- In an oven, cook for minimum of 2.5 hours – slow cooker can be cooking up to 8 hours.
- 30mins before serving, add corn flour (1 tbs mixed with ¼ water) to the batch to thicken
- Peel and cook the sweet potatoes until soft. Mash potatoes when cooked
- Serve osso bucco on top of potato, and drizzle sauce over the meat.
- Mix the lemon rind and parsley together and serve on top of each of the meat dishes.